Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mercy

Its a heavy and multi meaning word.



Mercy can mean different things to people. I have three recent examples in my life:

  1. I locked my keys in my car (I never do this- ever!) and my husband had my spare set, but he was in Maryland, USA (I'm in Calgary, AB-Canada). I had only a little over an hour before I had to go get my kids. The tow truck driver arrived in minutes and he turned out to be a friend of one of my co-workers. The tow truck driver didn't charge me!   I think his mercy was hearing of all the bad things that were happening to me that day - although the Lord balanced those things out too!
  2. A regular customer in our store loves to talk hobbies and sometimes we talk scripture and I have even prayed with him in some hard times (yep, right in the store).  He came to me a couple of days ago and said that he hadn't been in for a while as he was depressed.  Then he shared that he remembered me praying for him and he started praying for himself. It came to him during prayer - "I free you from your chains as the Lion of Judah".  He then said he felt a great weight off his chest.   ~for reference click here~  He came to me here at the store, the next day to say that he believes the Lion of Judah was indeed Jesus, taking his giant paw and slicing the chains that were tightening around my friend! 
  3. This last example is a true miracle and act of Mercy from our Savior. A family member decided to bring a financial lawsuit against my husband, myself and our business. We had no dispute we owed him some money, we just had none to reimburse him with and we asked him to wait until our strong sales season. He would not wait and his lawyer gave us two weeks to come up with a plan.  We were panicking! My husband and I were beside ourselves, until a couple nights later when the Lord spoke to us both telling us to go back from 1994 to present day and record every deposit and payment on a spreadsheet.  We took 12 and a half hours and went through Every Scrap of paper (I'm glad I never threw any of it away!) and we found out that we had written this family member a rather large cheque that neither of us remember writing.  So it looks like we don't owe him anything!
Two great songs come to mind: Lord, Have Mercy and Once Again. I hope you watch them!



In what ways has the Lord shown you Mercy or have you seen the Mercy of His works?

Please leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment