Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Soul - Longing For More

     Like so many of us, I have been 'wanting' and 'searching' for more. It has almost been like I can't find something. I'm not referring to something physical, but something inside me.

     I have started finding it in the Church I attend and getting more involved in the church. I have made so many new friends and Love being a part of our worship team, teaching Sunday School and being a part of the choir.  It came to me the other day what I've been missing......  I want to Worship Him All Week, not just on Sundays; and I want to share Him with my Family!

     So, I've been searching. I was watching 100 Huntley Street in July and they were promoting a great book by Rich Melheim called Holding Your Family Together. I had talked to my husband about this book and why it would be helpful to the spiritual nourishment of our family. Last night, it was in my mailbox - my husband ordered it for me so we can strengthen the souls of our children and our family!

     On August 4, 2013 I started doing the online bible study Yes To God and it has been amazing for me. I hope you will check out the link and sign up yourself.  I was on their Facebook page and met so many interesting women, from the infancy of their faith to women that can quote whatever verse suits the moment. It inspired me to start a private Facebook prayer circle. (if you are interested in joining please leave a comment and I will contact you).

     The verse for the week of the Yes To God bible study is: 
Deuteronomy 6:5   Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
I don't know my bible very well (and I'm working to fix that), but I do know my worship songs. And Love The Lord on YouTube is a song played frequently at our church and in my home!

Not only have I encountered this verse in the Yes To God bible study, it has presented itself in the Multiply Course (making disciples) I have been taking with a good friend, Wendy, it has been on 100 Huntley Street twice in the last two weeks and in another book I have started re-reading 'The Purpose Driven Life'.

So today I hope you will look inside yourself and really ask yourself, is my soul needing spiritual nourishment?  If its more than that, please find someone to talk to and if it is spiritual uplifting I hope you will check out some of the things I've mentioned above.

10,000 Reasons - Please view this song, it really talks to your soul!



Please keep in mind that I am not promoting anything on this blog, I am just giving my opinion on what has been great for me as a person!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like God is really working in your spiritual life and leading you in many ways to grow closer to Him. Thank you for sharing this--I know there are many who are just awakening to His call and will really be able to relate to your experience.

    ReplyDelete